My mission is to help each person reach their best self and to help counselors and therapists reach their therapeutic potential.
I do this by
- Using and teaching experiential based psychotherapy.
- Combining the wisdom of 12-Step programs with the knowledge and science of psychotherapy.
- Providing one-on-one, couples, and family therapy sessions.
- Consulting with treatment programs to improve their systems and train their clinical staff.
- Sharing my experiences and knowledge through public speaking events, training other professionals, and writing books, pamphlets and other materials.
Many principles govern my work, but two of the most important are that no one should suffer alone and that therapy should be a practical, no nonsense experience. Because of my emphasis on practical solutions, some people call me “No Nonsense Al.”